Design, Images and Content © 2013 Whiskered Paintings - Denver Pet Portraits, Helen Pavlac
Click the email above to contact me about pet portraits in (or outside) the Denver area.
Commissioned Pet Portraits
By Helen Pavlac
GOOD PHOTOS TO GREAT PAINTINGS
The easiest way to capture the personality of your pet, is through photos that you have taken. I can work from one photo, of your choice, or composite different elements of several photos into one piece. I want to work with any ideas that you have for your painting, so that you will end up with the perfect keepsake. All photos will be returned after the painting is complete.
If you are looking through photos, here are some things to keep in mind:
- The larger the photo the better! Digital photos with large resolutions make great reference. It is easier to crop a picture that is too large, than to resize a picture that is too small.
- Try to get a picture that focuses on your pet as the main subject. Photos of pets in the background may be too small to use.
- Photos should be crisp and in focus. Blurry photos will make it difficult to see small details. Including extra close ups of your pet's face will make it easier to create a great likeness.
- Good lighting in the photo will highlight your pet's furry features and make for a more robust painting. For a natural look, try sunlight outside or, for a moody composition, try setting up a lamp to create deep shadows and contrast.
- Try looking for photos that are at different angles and poses, so that we can get the best side of your animal. Eye level is the best view for a classic pet portrait.